The pivCLASS Biometric Reader is intended for use in areas requiring the highest level of security. This dynamic reader is suitable for meeting the FIPS-201 criteria for “Controlled”, “Limited” and “Exclusion” access areas. The biometric reader must be used with a pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) to provide strong authentication, which ensures that the card presented is genuine, the data has not been manipulated, the card has not been compromised or stolen and the PIN has not been shared. When the biometric feature is engaged, the reader provides the highest level of identity assurance. These comprehensive security measures include: authentication of the PIN, validation of the PIV Authentication Key certificate, validation of the authenticity of the fingerprint template on the card and comparison of the live fingerprint to the template.
- Comprehensive feature set includes combined contact/contactless capabilities, keypad, liquid crystal display and biometric sensor
- Dual reader interface provides contact backup if contactless antenna sustains damage
- Dynamic and configurable to support one, two or three factor authentication that matches time of day, day of week or threat level
- PIV: The pivCLASS system first determines the validity of the PIV card and its certificates using public key cryptography-based authentication. For instance, the system verifies the digital signature and performs path validation on the PIV authentication certificate and the biometric template data object.
- PIN: As part of the PIV verification process, the cardholder must enter a PIN to unlock the card in order to retrieve the PIV certificate and biometric template.
- BIO: After the card and its contents have been validated, the pivCLASS system compares the reference biometric template stored on the card with the biometric sample from the live finger. If successful, three factors of authentication have been achieved. Only then will the pivCLASS system pass the appropriate cardholder ID data to the PACS controller for an access decision. This three-factor authentication protects against cards that have been revoked, counterfeited, altered, copied, cloned, lost, stolen or shared.
Typical Maximum Read Range*
Biometric authentication can only be done over the contact interface per FIPS 201.
4.8” X 6.1” x 1.2” (12.2 x 15.6 x 3.0 cm)
Legacy cards supported
Proximity cards are not supported.
13.56 MHz contactless smart cards supported
- PKI-based FIPS 201 credentials including PIV, PIV-I, CIV, CAC, TWIC and FRAC
- iCLASS SE, iCLASS SR, standard iCLASS, SE for MIFARE Classic, SE for MIFARE DESFire EV1
Supported outputs in Wiegand mode
Wiegand mode is not supported. The reader must be used with a PAM to provide strong biometric authentication.
HID pivCLASS protocol or CoreStreet Reader Protocol
Warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for one year.(See complete warranty policy for details.)
**Programming is performed by www.TURNSTILES.us, Inc. technicians and includes integrating access control devices and selected options purchased from www.TURNSTILES.us and www.EntraPass.us.
For More Information and Services Contact TURNSTILES.us