A man trap, or a security booth, is a security device that monitors and controls two interlocking doors. Interlocking doors are doors that can never be opened simultaneously. Either one of the doors can be unlocked and opened, as long as the other door is locked and closed. Between these interlocking doors is a small, secure space, which only admits one person at a time. These access control booths effectively separate a non-secured area from a secured area. Man traps are ideal in high-value or critical security areas, like cash handling depots, sensitive data processing areas, security control rooms, critical research labs, jewelry stores, and vaults.
Also available is the fully Automatic Man-Trap Cubicle, which in addition to all of the features as a manual cubicle, has motorized door openers and a 440lb magnetic lock.
- Ideal in high value or critical security areas
- Single and Double configurations
- Three sizes are available to suit your needs (A, B, and C)
- Provides a durable and aesthetic access control solution
- Exported worldwide
- Heavy-duty hydraulic door closers
- Monitored magnetic locks
- Mortice lock for night locking
- 304 grade brushed stainless steel pull handle
- LED indicator lights
- Direct pivot design ensures true door alignment and removes the need for clumsy, noisy hinges
- Steel frame structure and door, preventing sagging and door warping unlike aluminum doors which can warp with use
- Stainless steel base bearings for longevity and corrosion resistance
- Battery backup
- Infrared beam, dual occupancy presence sensors
- Add Intercom with Video
- Matching Glass ADA Door
- Integrate with EntraPASS Access Control Software System
- More options are available upon request
- Mild steel with UV resistant polyester exterior powder coat finish
- Optional 304 grade brushed stainless steel
- Optional 316 grade brushed stainless steel
Manual man-trap cubicle
Single: Fitted with 2 x magnetic locks and 2 x heavy duty door motors – excluding controller.
Double: Fitted with 4 x magnetic locks and 4 x heavy door motors – excluding controller.
A note on double cubicles: Double man-trap cubicle is effectively two single cubicles installed side-by-side. Both cubicles in a double configuration are controlled separately by their own controller. It is also possible that the customer may choose to designate one side for entry only and the other side for exit only. This may be a preferred configuration as it enables higher speed throughput.
|MAN TRAP CUBICLE – MANUAL
|31.5w – 27.5d – 90.5h
|800w – 700d – 2300h
|35.4w – 35.4d – 90.5h
|900w – 900d – 2300h
|39.4w – 55.1d – 90.5h
|1000w – 1400d – 2300h
|61.0w – 27.5d – 90.5h
|1550w -700d – 2300h
|68.9w – 35.4d – 90.5h
|1750w-900d – 2300h
|76.8w – 55.1d – 90.5h
|1950w -1400d – 2300h
Please note: Two controllers are required for a double cubicle
|Bi-directional two reader locking controller c/w internal emergency pushbutton, (excluding presence sensors)
|Bi-directional two reader locking controller c/w presence sensors (excluding internal emergency pushbutton)
|Bi-directional single reader locking controller c/w two external cycle start pushbuttons (excluding presence sensors)
|Bi-directional single reader locking controller c/w two external cycle start pushbuttons and presence sensors
|Uni-directional bank locking controller
|Bi-directional bank locking controller c/w one external pushbutton for exit operation and presence sensors
|High security bank locking controller c/w status control panel and presence sensors (single cubicle)
|High security bank locking controller c/w status control panel and presence sensors (double cubicle)
|High security bank locking controller c/w status control panel and presence sensors (triple cubicle) – pricing for a triple cubicle available on request
Please note: Two batteries are required for a double cubicle
|Battery – 12V 7aH with connection leads
Installation available – see our portfolio here.
*Ships worldwide from South Africa.